Thursday, January 10, 2013

VENICE




Heyja!

We drove over to Venice yesterday. It's my second time there and I must say it's one of my fave places in Cali! This time we went to the main shopping street, Abbot Kinney, wich was crowded with fashion stores, art galleries and restaurants.
  The stores were nice but really California Style, sort of beach chic for girls. I can't really picture myself wearing anything like that in Iceland and therefor I didn't buy anything. But if I stay here next summer I will definitely go shopping there, and buy really cute dresses to wear over bikinis etc. Then there were these super american cowboy style shops with 100% fine leather clothing, cowboy hats, boots and everything and of course a lot of surfers fashion. I think I'll go surfing next summer, it looks so cool!
  I also found a few spiritual stores, like an inner peace bookstore and stores that sell Buddha statues, relaxing music and yoga mats. I love yoga and meditation so it was fun looking around in these stores and I bought a Bollywood style head-chain that I love.

My supercute haidchain

In on of the bookstores
After spending the day in Abbot Kinney( and oh yes Bono walked past us) we had dinner at Gjelina wich is a hipster, trendy italian restaurant. I had the best pizza i ever tasted there and caramel pudding for desert wich was so yummi.  If you're ever in Venice you definitely HAVE to go and eat at Gjelina!

The best pizza in the wooooorrrrld!!

Had the best day in Venice and now I only have 2 days left in California. It's really sad but I'll be back next summer and can't wait!! 

ps. in the evening we went for a drive and drove to were the O.C. shows were filmed, the Pier, the Diner and the Club they always went to! I am the biggest O.C. fan !! 

At the Pier. Wearing a denim jacket from American Apparel, Jeans from  BDG and sneaker wedgies from Steve Madden( my fave shoes now) 


xo, DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment